Re: wily 2002.

  • From: Gary Capell <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bengt Kleberg <eleberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 17:47:31 +1100

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 10:21:13AM +0100, Bengt Kleberg wrote:
> > 1. Small feature: A $b, which is equivalent to `{basename $w}; this
> > would be useful for working with, for example, CVS, which gets offended
> > by full path names.
>
> Could this not be handled by a script? Ie, sweep the file and B2B1 the script.

It could, but I think the convenience/complexity ratio is high enough
to be worth it for this mini-feature. It's something I've wanted to add
for a while, but it was never _quite_ annoying enough for me to bother.
Not that it's a democracy, but I'd vote for the feature.

> > Oh, by the by, there was talk of having B3 simply replace the window
> > instead of creating a new one when both the current window and the one
> > being created are directory windows. I've discovered myself doing that
> > manually lately, so I suspect it's another candidate for addition to the
> > code. Thoughts, anyone, everyone?
>
> The old way is usefull, so this new way should/could be a B3 chord.

It'd be good to play with this one to see how useful it is.

--
Gary Capell <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>