Re: wily 0.13.42

  • From: "Ian Broster" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 07:57:11 +0200

I'm not sure this is a bug we want to fix?  I'm guessing that this
is because (not surprisingly) some bits of /bin/echo aren't valid
UTF8.

I see.

However it does seem to break a rather fundamental assumption that a load then save will not corrupt the file.

Most text editors seem ok with binry files (presumably because the don't do UTF at all); despite the technical difficulties of doing so in wily, I think it's worth another think.

we'd have to maintain two copies of the file:
the version with valid UTF, and the original version with invalid
UTF.

Is there no way to have a raw representation in memory and a best-effort UTF8 render/manipulation?

i.

-- Ian Broster