Re: tools/win/wreplace problem

  • From: Serge Gagnon <gagnon__s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 02:12:42 -0500

  +> From: Serge Gagnon <gagnon__s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

  +> I always get an error message with wreplace when I try to put two or
  +> more words in argument. ie. cat bin/Backup | wreplace -c 'allo toi'
  +> wreplace: unable to find allo toi

  Bill> The documentation I have for wreplace says it requires a "valid
  Bill> wily address", so you presumably need something like

  Bill> wreplace -c '/allo toi/' < bin/Backup

  Bill> or, safer yet,

  Bill> wreplace -c $w':/allo toi/' < bin/Backup

I hade several problems in the same time. The first was "How the ports
mechanism works on FreeBSD" and the second was "How can I run the Man app
without any error". The solution was very simple: try to learn one thing
at a time ;).

My problem with wreplace was this line in the Man script
man $* >[2=1] | col -bx | wreplace -c '+Man '^$name^':,'
that I changed for
man $* >[2=1] | col -bx | wreplace -c '~Man '^$name^':,'
et voila, it works.

I will add here my original message because someone said that it never
come to the list.