Re: tools/win/wreplace problem

  • From: Bill Trost <trost-fl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 08:53:44 -0800

    > From: Serge Gagnon <gagnon__s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    > I always get an error message with wreplace when I try to put two or more
    > words in argument.
    > ie.
    > cat bin/Backup | wreplace -c 'allo toi'
    > wreplace: unable to find allo toi

The documentation I have for wreplace says it requires a "valid wily address",
so you presumably need something like

        wreplace -c '/allo toi/' < bin/Backup

or, safer yet,

        wreplace -c $w':/allo toi/' < bin/Backup

Bengt Kleberg writes:
    i could not find any documentation on how wreplace should work. do
    you have this?

I don't see the "tools" directory in my 9libs version of wily, but
there's a man page for it in 0.13.41. Mind you, I can't get the tools to

Let me know if you want me to email you a copy.