Re: plan9-style tools, was Re: reading mail

  • From: MJ Ray <markj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 22:38:40 GMT

ozan s yigit <oz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i think the reason they descend from 9wm is that it iss one of the easiest
> (and possibly the cleanest) WM to hack. but i should have mentioned w9wm;

Well, assuming that the authors I'm inheriting from didn't pollute the code
so much, it seems 9wm may be "easy", but maybe not so "clean" with regard to
the various window manager standards.

OK, if you want me to take up less screen space (and I do): how do you do
operations on windows without alienating "normal" users if you have no title
bar?  I can shrink the title bar, but that just results in either using the
shape extension (slow on small machines) or having less to aim at (slow for
users, which I think is Fitt's law).