Re: plan9-style tools, was Re: reading mail

  • From: MJ Ray <markj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 18:49:27 GMT

Bill Meahan <wmeahan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There are a _bunch_ of other "derivatives" of 9wm including w9wm (9wm
> hacked to add workspaces), aewm, aewm++, alloy, evilwm et. al. Note:
> some of these are second and third derivatives :-)

And jewel, to name the fourth derivative that I'm trying to develop... ;-)

Actually, going back to 9menu, that's a lot better as a popup menu than most
of the others that I've tried.  I was about to admit defeat and allow Brett
to add a root menu to jewel (as the BaseMenu class is there for the window
menus, anyway).  Maybe using 9menu is better: does anyone have scripts to
make it use the Debian menu system? </work-avoidance-attempt>