Re: difference in wily ?

  • From: Bill Meahan <wmeahan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 19:23:32 -0400

=
> http://people.debian.org/~apenwarr//popcon/results.editors.html makes
> sobering reading, doesn't it?  8 voters installed it, probably since
> it was reintroduced into testing some weeks ago, but haven't used it.
> I guess I should install popularity-contest.

I didn't vote, but I did install it from the testing deb (all my systems
are on Debian 3.0/woody/testing anyway) and I AM using it, or, more
correctly, trying to get used to it so I can use it more

> > Worse still is having a laptop with a two-button trackpad. Perhaps
> > we should bite the bullet and support ^X, ^C and ^V :-(
>
> On the laptop I was using, I hacked the X settings to support F1 F2 F3
> as alternative buttons for the Shift-NumLock mode, which is mostly OK,
> but autorepeat bites you.  Chording is more of a concern than simple
> cut-and-paste.  If we start supporting control codes, ^A and ^E aren't
> far away, are they?

I bought a Belkin mini optical scroll mouse and plugged it into my
laptop (which is my personal box). That works just fine and I can always
revert to Vim if I'm someplace the mouse isn't practical and I have to
use the trackpad.

--
Bill Meahan  WA8TZG         wmeahan@xxxxxxxxxx
"Never ascribe to mailce what can be adequately explained