Re: again, how to find the line number?

  • From: spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 16:17:45 +0100

> i have asked before, and recived a reply. the reply now misplaced i ask
> again: after having found a specific instance of something, how do i get
> wily to divulge the line number where dot currently is?

B2-B1 on Anchor (it does not matter what  argument you pass to it,
merely that you do. with no B1, Anchor returns the character number
instead of the line number).

Personally, I'd rather it were the other way around, how often do you ever
need the character number?

While I think of it, I wish that it would add (eg)
:n rather than :n,. as it currently does. 99% of the
time, the first thing I do is delete the comma dot.

Ian