Re: again, how to find the line number?

  • From: oz@xxxxxxxxxxx (ozan s yigit)
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 12:10:28 -0400 (EDT)

? While I think of it, I wish that it would add (eg)
? :n rather than :n,. as it currently does. 99% of the
? time, the first thing I do is delete the comma dot.

it is hard for me to decide what the right output should be.
it works like mark in emacs-family, where it is more often used to
select an area, but occasioanlly to go back. so the default is
for selection but by a B3 sweep of the :#num, one can go back
as well. i know some people have different wily usage patterns
(i rarely chord for instance, partly because chords are very hard
on hand muscles on most mice - if anyone knows of a 3b-mouse that can
make chording feel natural, i'd love to hear about it) but i would
prefer to keep this one as is, unless there is a large discomfort in
the community. one other thing i wish i had a solution to is where
to keep the anchors; they clutter the file tag area quite quickly
but they seem to belong there... sigh. maybe i'll have ^R in the
tag area to restore tag to some clean state or something.

oz
---
www.cs.yorku.ca/~oz      | don't count your chickens in glass houses
york u. computer science | until the cows come home. -- david vestal