Re: Xft

  • From: ozan s yigit <oz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:38:10 -0400

> Is there any active development going on?

yes, some cleanup and other stuff to remain compatible with plan9 acme.
much slower than expected...

> Is ftp://ftp.cs.yorku.ca/pub/wily/src/old/wily-0.13.41.tgz
> the latest version

yes.

>               ... Anyway, I hacked together a quick-fix
> to draw anti-aliased fonts using Xft. It seems to work, but it is not fast.

someone with better a understanding of X/xft should look at this work
and make suggestions for the mainline. i'm very conservative about admitting
quick fixes unless there is a strong demand for it...

oz