Re: Wily tools

  • From: spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:40:38 +0100

> Is it worth compiling a list of popular tools for piping to/from/through
> for different types of file and including that in the wily distribution?

This would be most useful --- most 'full featured'  editors have these
things built in; so wily at least could list some useful ones.

The most frequent tools I use are:

TFMT - A table formatting tool
http://www.strw.leidenuniv.nl/~dominik/Tools/tfmt/
For latex tables, the pipe is:  |tfmt -S '&' -j '  &  '

and spell: Does anyone have anything better than this?

#!/bin/rc
cat > /tmp/spelling$pid
xterm -e ispell -t /tmp/spelling$pid
cat /tmp/spelling$pid