Re: What, no CapsLock?

  • From: Serge Gagnon <gagnon__s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 02 Jun 2003 15:02:41 -0400

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 11:23, MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2003-06-02 15:48:53 +0100 Richard C Bilson
> <rcbilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It's not a local problem, since it happens to me too, but only on
> > Linux
> > systems -- I have wilys on various machines open right now, and the
> > Linux ones show the problem while the Solaris one doesn't.
>
> You've tried it on Solaris using XFree86 or Openwin?  Which XFree86
> version?  (I'm using 4.2, I think.)  Even if it's XFree86, can BSDers
> using XFree86 give us another data point before we start saying "only
> on Linux" please?  Also, I suspect XFree86 3.x may work, as I think I
> would have noticed this before, but I don't have any 3.x systems here
> just now.

I confirm that the "CAPS_LOCK" dosn't works with my bsd box.

; uname -srp
FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE i386

; X -version

XFree86 Version 4.3.0
Release Date: 27 February 2003
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.6
Build Operating System: FreeBSD 4.8 i386 [ELF]
Build Date: 31 May 2003
        Before reporting problems, check http://www.XFree86.Org/
Module Loader present

The "CAPS_LOCK" didn't works when I was using OpenBSD too.

--
Serge Gagnon <gagnon__s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>