Re: Unicode

  • From: ozan s yigit <oz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:50:30 -0500

Mj Ray:

> Would someone very kindly share their working configuration for wily
> using iso-10646-1 fonts with me, please?  I really don't understand
> why my simple attempt of a p9font file containing
> 14      10
> 0x0000  0xffff  -*-fixed-bold-r-normal-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-iso10646-1

when i stick this as /tmp/unicode.9.font and
go
     wily -p9font /tmp/unicode.9.font

and use it on http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/examples/UTF-8-demo.txt
i get the greek & russian text. if i use the matty farrow's libXg.utf.fonts
dist, i get some reasonable math, some greek, lots of pjw images. :)

there are clearly some issues; matthew wilcox gave me a patch in the
past to clear one of the problems in libXg, but i don't really know what
other utf8/unicode issues need to be dealt with in that library.

>                      I've a lot of other parts of this
> system to debug for unicode too [...]

ok, let me know what the issues are.

cheers...  oz
---
music is the space between the notes. | www.cs.yorku.ca/~oz
                   -- claude debussy  | york u. dept of computer science