Re: Mouse scroll wheel in wily

  • From: Gary Capell <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sam Holden <sholden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:32:11 +1000

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 10:21:03AM +1000, Sam Holden wrote:
> My recollections of gary's views on coding are obviously faulty, or
> he didn't practice what he preached...

Probably I didn't :-(

> view_linesdown taking
> a boolean to indicate whether it really view_linesdown or view_linesup
> is bizarre - especially since there isn't anywhere I can see in
> which that argument isn't a constant. I had thought he didn't like
> functions taking "what to do" type flags, preferring a seperate
> function for each "what".

I think I'd still call those both the same function, but I'd maybe
give it a different name these days: viewLinesMove or viewLinesUpOrDown.

I haven't looked much at wily source in a long time, now I think
I'd be afraid/embarrassed to look :-/

Gary Capell <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>