[off topic] 9term and Solaris 9...

  • From: "James A. Robinson" <jim.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:56:02 -0800

Sorry for the off topic message, but since there has been overlap in
the past I thought I might try asking here... Has anyone gotten 9term
working properly under Solaris 9?  I've gotten it to compile, but there
is something wrong with the stty mode, and it keeps echoing my command
back at me before running off an executing it.

I can't tell if there is an ioctl bit I need to change in the 9term code,
or if there is some mystery fix with stty(1).  For example, if I set
'stty raw' the problem goes away, but then I lose helpful things like
backspace. :-)

James A. Robinson                       jim.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Stanford University HighWire Press      http://highwire.stanford.edu/
650-723-7294 (W) 650-725-9335 (F)