9term

  • From: Bill Meahan <wmeahan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 15:36:14 -0400

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:31:59 +0200 (MET DST)
Bengt Kleberg <eleberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 15:08:31 +0100
> > From: Matthew Wilcox <willy@xxxxxxxxxx>
> ...deleted
> > For best interoperability, wily should attempt to translate the
> > characters to and from ISO-8859-1.  Ugh.
>
> perhaps it is possible to add tcs to the wily distribution? and
> install it where it could be found and used for this purpose? using an
> external process is ofcourse really slow, but this is not something
> that happens very often, is it?
> everybody uses 9term, right?
> and 9term is only an interim solution anyway, since win will be
> available RSN :-)

9term on my Linux laptop is kind of cool and I'd like to play with it
more. However, it doesn't play nicely with standard ncurses apps.
Anybody got a termcap/terminfo entry for it? Since I run Debian, I
installed my copy from a deb package I found floating around the ether.
It's version 1.6.6-5 (I know the "-5" refers to the package version, not
the application version).

Off Topic Question:

Anybody remember the UA (User Agent) sorta-text/sorta-graphic windowing
UI on the good old UNIXpc/7300/3B1 ? I may have been the only person
outside of AT&T who liked it and I still think it has some good ideas.
Anybody know if it was ever cloned or if the original source was
released? The latter isn't crazy: _some_ of the 3B1 source was released
to the community, but not necessarily all of it.

Thanks!

--
Bill Meahan  WA8TZG         wmeahan@xxxxxxxxxx
"Always do right. This will gratify some people