[WMS] Re: getting started

  • From: Andreas Gohr <a.gohr@xxxxxx>
  • To: wiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 19:48:25 +0200

Hi all! Hi Mario!

> And also beforehand, I'd like to start collecting the different
> markup variations in use already. We'll combine that into an overview
> document (OOo Calc).
>
> Please download the template from http://interwiki.sf.net/wms/
> and send it in. Of course some coordination would help - I do not need
> five dups of everything ;)

I'm the developer of a relative new Wiki called DokuWiki (see
http://www.splitbrain.org/dokuwiki/wiki:dokuwiki ) I filled out your
template. where should I send it to? To the list? Or directly to you?

Perhaps it would help on creating a new standard if we ask our selfs
why we chose the syntax we're currently using in our different Wikis.
My goal on designing "my" Wiki syntax was to make the raw source to be
as readable as possible. My wiki was written to create documentation and
this documentation is maybe just the documentation to get the webserver
up and running again after a crash so it has to be readable even when
extracted from a tape backup and read with nothing more than cat on a
commandline ;-)

So what I chose was more or less the markup I'd use in my emails...

Andi

PS: I'm not a native english speaker - sorry if my sentences
sound weird sometimes ;-)