[WMS] Re: Thoughts on standards

  • From: Florian Festi <festifn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 21:44:14 +0200 (METDST)

> No: one page - one markup style.
> We store the markup style in the page metadata. To decide which markup
> parser should be used to display the page. (on save it's actually not
> used, just to store the markup option in the page meta-data)

Ok, I just got confused by this MarkupSkin discussion. So you simply
suggest to invent a new markup and not to take care about conversion

I think we don't have to discuss if the wiki engines will have both
markups side by side, offer a conversion script, or extend their markup to
meat the standard. This is a thing of the wikis them self.