[WMS] Pre-cursor to wiki markup standard

  • From: "Andrew Premdas" <Andrew.Premdas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 11:24:39 +0100

A thought

Having a reference document of wiki markup types (or functionality) would be
a useful pre-cursor to the standard. It would also be useful for

  * wiki translation
  * implementation of new wikis

You have the spreadsheet already (which I haven't viewed - don't have open
office) as a good starting point. Perhaps there could be different levels
(not too many of wiki markup). A core spec and then extensions. The core
would be really useful to limit the initial scope of the standard. It might
then be easier to write translators so that existing wiki's can gradually
upgrade themselves to the new standard.

Fundamentally I think this functionality standard should be a standard upon
which the markup standard is based.

All best

Andrew Premdas
Student Systems Developer