[WMS] Re: Call for Submissions: 2005 International Symposium on Wikis

  • From: "Paul M. Jones" <pmjones@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 15:40:59 -0600

Sunir Shah wrote:

> Me too! For what it's worth, I've been hacking at my
> Monkey parser a little more. Once I get free links
> integrated, it'll be done enough to publish a
> description of a generic parser.
>
> My foreseeable end goal is a generic framework for syntax
> that will help build an open source WYSIWYG control that
> understands WikiSyntax. While of course WYSIWYG controls
> don't need WikiSyntax, having one would make it easy for
> people to transition from their existing wikis to the
> WYSIWYG module.

If what you want is a generic framework for building and combining
parsing rules, then converting to arbitrary output formats (including
XHTML, Latex, and plain text), take a look at PEAR Text_Wiki.  (Full
disclosure:  I'm the author.)

     http://pear.php.net/Text_Wiki

Docs are here:

     http://wiki.ciaweb.net/yawiki/index.php?area=Text_Wiki

It's for PHP, but the theory can apply to any OO-ish language.

-- pmj