[westies] Re: Attending NECC

  • From: Coy <coy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: westies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:54:39 -0600

Al,

Good to hear from you and to hear your thoughts about things.

We're doing well here in Arizona and still having fun. Learning lots of new things and meeting the movers of the state.

Keep in touch;

(Coy Ison)

allen schmieder wrote:
Vicki: So great to hear from you. I am sorry you retired--but know you will continue doing good things. You are one of the most competent educational technology professionals I know and hate to lose you from the front line (State Departments). I am still unhappy that technology integration has moved so slowly and I generally blame the leadership of our major technology organizations. They seem to refuse to take on Title I, and the rest of the programs totalling over 100 billion in the Federal budget. At the final meeting of PT3, I was the keynote and called for their resignation (knowing it wouldn't do any good). I have attached a paper I have written on the Federal role and am circulating it as widely as possible. I would love to keynote a third Hawaii technology conference! I am thrilled that the Westies are still doing so well. When I invented "clusters in the late l960s (they were even investigated back then) I knew they would work--and the Westies are one of the best examples. One of the three greatest issues in American education is the almost total lack of sharing best practices--and the Westies are showing that it can be done. I have also attached a recent list of issues I did for my most recent doctoral class on "Critical Issues in American education." If this goes to other Westies - congratulations and enjoy NECC. Still fighting for kids and technology. Allen Schmieder