[website-critique] Re: www.discountours.com

  • From: "Vania Smrkovski" <vania@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <websitecritique@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:31:27 -0400

Yeah.

None of us were thrilled about the mouse trails, either.  This guy wanted
"Flash" (not the technology -- Flash as in "glitter, hit me on the head, get
my attention".  We kept adding things to it, trying to make it flashy, while
staying within bounds we considered appropriate.  Finally he gave us a site
with mouse trails and told us specifically that's what he wanted.

Grrr....

Customer wants, customer gets.

You'll notice, also, the animated gif on the top.  This was a feature I
wished we could have improved.  Certain pages load different gifs, but the
BACK button doesn't automatically change it back.  That developer is now
gone.

Vania Smrkovski
NetGraphics,
  a JP Hogan Company