[website-critique] Why, Why, WHY!!??

  • From: "DesignWorks" <tchapman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <websitecritique@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<takeatip-leaveatip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 21:31:34 -0600

Okay, here is a site I'm working on... I *should* be complete but there is one
little hitch!  NETSCAPE!  ARRRGGGHHH!

I still have the site on my server, until I can figure out how to fix this
problem... hopefully someone here can help me out.  The site is for the
University of Kentucky's AgrAbility department.

Everything looks good.. meaning works fine, in IE 6.0, NS 6.2 and AOL (yeah,
gotta check that one too...) *BUT* when I bring it up in NS Nav. 4.8 all looks
well until I click on the "Feedback" button.  The background comes up fine..
but that's it.. it even says that is stops the applet from running.

Why oh why is it doing this to me??

Please don't tell me to try CSS... I don't know squat about it, I'm going to
take the time to learn it, but this is a project that has to be done now.  What
am I doing wrong that some of my pages will come up and some won't? (Same
problem with my Job Corps site, but I think I figured that one out.)

I'm sending this to all three lists in hopes of catching a webmaster that has
been beaten down by this before too.  This one has really made me dig into the
headache medicine... and I'm heading for the liquor cabinet now!

And by the way, if you are a webmaster, check out Peter's email group called
WebsiteCritque at
http://www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=websitecritique .

(Crossposted to WebsiteCritique, ComputerTalkShop and TakeATip-LeaveATip)

Tina Chapman

We believe in Design that Works!

Mobile: 270-748-1675

Please Forward This Email to a Friend