[website-critique] Re: Moved my .gif images and broke javascript

  • From: "David Bruce Jr" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <websitecritique@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:27:30 -0500

Hi Tee... I joined this list when I saw you were here in the
archives...

what is broken is the mouseovers no longer display what I
wanted them to say in the status bar.

I wanted to hide the affiliate links especially. I know it's not
going to deter anyone who is up to no good (and knows what
they're doing)...

it's just that many people will not click on a link if they think
it's an affiliate url

The most important reason is because my link tracker script
uses a dir called /cgi-bin/tracker and creates urls with this:
www.yourdomain/cgi-bin/track/tracker.cgi?urlbeingtracked

I wanted to kinda not put that in the status bar

thanks
David
win2k IE 5.01 1024 x 768