[website-critique] I think I just found a problem with SSI on my site(s)

  • From: "David Bruce Jr" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <websitecritique@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:15:24 -0500

I'm not for sure yet, but I think the reason my

<!--#echo var="REMOTE_ADDR" --> is not working
is because I'm calling it from a SSI fragment.

I use SSI (thanks to Peter!) to call the part of my order page
that is subject to frequent modification or may need to be
updated often.

On this page:
http://www.heftyhosting.com/order.html

I have the form being called from <!--#include file="order.txt" -->

which is really cool, I can use that form on any page in the site and
update all of them all at once.

however I also tried to use the <!--#echo var="REMOTE_ADDR" -->
from <!--#include file="order.txt" --> and I think that's why it's not
working.

This is so on both domains that I tried it, I'll let you all know if
that is the case.

Happy Holidays
David Bruce Jr.
Administrator