[website-critique] Re: Freelance Contract

  • From: "David Bruce Jr" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <websitecritique@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:38:34 -0500

Hey!...I was a landscape contractor for several years...

...watch it bud <eg>
Yep...some landscape contractors are artists. It depends on
if you do any botanical and/or arborist stuff in addition to
lawn care.

And as to how much a landscape contractor makes:
You are in someone's yard, you have the key to the gate,
garage...You often get the key to your clients front door.

and some are mere lawnmower guys and grunt laborers.

I charged enough to cover my equipment repair costs.
and should have charged alot more to cover how fast a
pickup truck gets reduced to junk in a few seasons.

it was quite a few times the hourly rate I got as an
employee...and still it wasn't enough.

I really liked knowing I was "Invictus- master of my own
destiny"

Being a mere employee is being a sheep.

Being self employed is 'taking the bull by the horns'

end rant
David