[website-critique] CSS classes problem...I changed the color of a unvisited link...

  • From: "David Bruce Jr" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <websitecritique@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:25:55 -0500

Ok, here's the problem.
I'm making a site with a blue background in a table on the left
the body background is white.

I changed the linked CSS style sheet so that an unvisited link
displays as white against the blue part of the screen.
Now the links in the white part of the background are invisible...

I *think* I need to specify a sub class of visited and unvisited links
in my main.css stylesheet and I don't know for sure how to do this.

Here is my main.css stylesheet:

/* <!-------------------------------------------->
   <!-------------------------------------------->
   <!--     Mailserverhosting                  -->
   <!--       http://www.mailserverhosting.com -->
   <!--        (C) Copyright 2000-2001         -->
   <!-------------------------------------------->
   <!--------------------------------------------> */

h1 {
 color: navy;
 font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
 font-size: 14pt;
 font-weight: 900
 text-align: left;

}

h2 {
 color: navy;
 font-family: arial, helvetica, sans serif;
 font-size: 12pt;
 font-weight: 700
 text-align: left;

 }

p {
 font-family: arial, helvetica, sans serif;
 font-size: 10pt;
 text-align: left;
 margin-left: 5pt;
}

li {
 font-family: arial, helvetica, sans serif;
 font-size: 10pt;
 text-align: left;

}

A:link {
 COLOR: #FFFFFF;
 TEXT-DECORATION: underline;
}
A:visited {
 COLOR: #FFFF00;
 TEXT-DECORATION: underline;
}
A:hover {
 COLOR: #800000;
 TEXT-DECORATION: underline;
 BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow;
}

/* <!-------------------------------------------->
   <!-------------------------------------------->
   <!--     Mailserverhosting                  -->
   <!--       http://www.mailserverhosting.com -->
   <!--        (C) Copyright 2000-2001         -->

thanks
David Bruce Jr.
Administrator
http://www.heftyhosting.com