[webproducers] Re: persuading a project manager that formal testing is important???

  • From: Duane Douglas <email.lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:12:41 -0700

At 10:19 AM 6/27/2002 -0700, AKF wrote:

>Heh heh. Sadly enough, it happens on the client-side too just
>not on such a grand scale because budgets tend to be less of an
>issue than those marketing folks who demand something to be done
>by X date.

hence the rationale behind early buy-in (before the contract is signed) by
all parties involved.

one of the problems is that the marketing folks and project managers don't
talk enough about deliverables *before* the contract is signed.  is that
because (a) senior level management is left out of the loop, (b) marketing
folks are given too much leeway or (c) some combination of both.

Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail me, morry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx