[webproducers] Re: Why managers will replace "web producers"

I think it's definitely clear that there's no abundance of jobs out there -
NY metro area or elsewhere, but how much has it improved from the worst.
There were times when it seemed that it was near impossible to find a
halfway decent new media job.  I don't mean slavework - there's always tons
of slave new media jobs.  I remember seeing a posting for a front end
project manager position that paid 16/hr.  It would have been funny, but it
was kinda painful as it really seemed to reflect the market at the time.

There's reports, etc that the market has improved tremendously, etc., but is
that actually what people are experiencing first-hand?  I've thrown the
question out there as I haven't been experiencing first hand myself.

Thanks.

.chang