[webproducers] Re: Site search?

Hi Justin,

Here are some options to consider:

1. Ultraseek - search software for Linux and Windows servers, offers a 1 year
free license
2. Atomz Search - a hosted search solution
3. Google Mini - a $2995 search appliance sold by Google, for up to 10,000
documents, recently introduced

If your site is as small as you say it is, any of these might be overkill,
unless they have more sites that they want to index.   Atomz used to offer a
free search for small sizes, of up to about 50 pages, which you could customize
as long as you kept an Atomz logo on it.  If they still offer it, that might be
the best choice.

Lee

At 09:53 AM 7/14/2005, Justin Kim wrote:

>        Hey, everyone.  In a little of a bind and could use some
>advice  I'm being asked to recommend a site search solution for a
>client.  This will be for a relatively small brand awareness site
>mainly composed of html pages.
>
>        Since the client is a large company, using something like the
>free Google site search widget probably won't go over well.  I've
>asked the client if they have anything in-house we could use, but I
>suspect the answer will be either "don't know, don't know who to ask"
>or simply "no".
>
>        Unfortunately, the last time I had to deal with something
>like this was about 10 years ago, so I'm woefully behind the times on
>this.  Any help is greatly appreciated!
>
>Justin
>

>--

>Getting too many messages from the list? Consider digest mode.

Lee Semel -  lsemel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  -  http://www.innofinity.com
212.353.0009 - cell: 646.522.4777 - fax: 404.393.2626

Getting too many messages from the list? Consider digest mode.