[webproducers] Re: Project Manager experience

  • From: Ari <bongwater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:28:25 -0400 (EDT)

that depends on the environment. some are very complex/political, which
can take quite a few months to navigate and figure out A) who holds the
power B) who has a clue and C) how to get things done

obviously, it's advantageous for all concerned for an employee to stick
around and build a career at a company but if this economy has shown us
anything, it's getting MUCH harder to do that than ever before.

workers are the first thing cut when business slows down, thus,
companies show and instill much less loyalty in employees than they once
did. in all but a few cases, you're basically a mercenary for hire.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun"

                         -- Chairman Mao