[webproducers] [PLUG] UIE Book Club: 2/1 - Robert Hoekman's Designing the Obvious, 2nd Edition

  • From: Jared Spool <jspool@xxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 17:48:57 -0500

[Apologies for any cross posting.]

UIE Book Club: Designing the Obvious, Second Edition
by Robert Hoekman Jr.
Tuesday, February 1 - 3pm ET / 2pm CT / 1pm MT / Noon PT

Join me in February, as I kick off the 2011 UX Book Club with the talented and
funny Robert Hoekman, Jr.

The 2nd edition of Designing the Obvious just showed up in my mailbox and, wow,
I’m excited. The first edition was a great book -- so great that I kept lending
my copy out and not getting back. I think I bought 5 of them.

Robert’s first edition hit on critical topics for creating great designs. In
the second edition, Robert’s expanded the principles and examples to help you
with today’s design problems.

I’m can’t wait to read this edition and talk with Robert about it. Please join
me on February 1 with your thoughts and questions on the second edition of his
classic.

How does this work?

Step #1: Reserve your spot for the UIE Book Club (it’s free!):
     http://uiebookclub0211.eventbrite.com/
Step #2: Get a copy of Robert’s Designing the Obvious
     (Get your copy today at Amazon.com: http://j.mp/gBGdhQ )
Step #3: Read the book. Write down your questions.
Step #4: Join us on February 1 at http://5by5.tv/
Step #5: Ask Robert your questions.

Thanks to the good folks at Aquent for helping us make all this happen:
http://aquent.us/

Sign up for the UIE Book Club: http://uiebookclub0211.eventbrite.com/
We’ll keep you posted with the details you’ll need as the event gets closer.

Jared

Jared M. Spool
User Interface Engineering
510 Turnpike St., Suite 102, North Andover, MA 01845
e: jspool@xxxxxxx p: +1 978 327 5561
http://uie.com  Blog: http://uie.com/brainsparks  Twitter: @jmspool--=
Too much e-mail? Manage your subscription at at
http://webproducers.org/?page_id=9

Web Producers Job Board http://jobs.webproducers.org

Join us on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3877&trk=hb_side_g

Messages are archived in our publicly accessible web archive. Trim your posts
and delete personal information if you do not want them in the public web
archive.