[webproducers] Re: AJAX and Downloading images/site

Hi Andrea, unfortunately your questions cannot be answered quickly. Both
AJAX, and optimizing large scale websites, are big topics. Any answers I can
give would only be a starting point.

AJAX: It's way of programming, not an actual programming/scripting language.
It's how HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and the DOM work together. Below is a link
to a free comprehensive course by a Sun Microsystems developer (never mind
the site design; good content). Jeremy Keith's Bullet Proof AJAX is also
good.

http://www.javapassion.com/ajaxcodecamp/index.html
http://bulletproofajax.com/

Site Speed: O'Reilly recently released a good book detailing how to best
optimize large scale websites. Regardless of the CMS, a good CMS will let
you employ some of these techniques.

http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html

I hope this helps,

-colin