[wdmaudiodev] Re: stereo and mono channels

  • From: Uwe Kirst <u.kirst@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 00:18:38 +0200

Waldemar Haszlakiewicz schrieb:

Hi guys

I have a small problem here:

I have just added mono support to our driver ->done a test in
Wavelab and dwChannelMask is still set to KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_STEREO.
nChannels gets 1 as supposed to, but now how should I know which
channel to open if it still wants to open a stereo channel?

Is there a default one->like left or is there something else here?

Waldemar

Hallo Waldemar,
our DIGI96 driver outputs the mono stream from the app on both channels. Someone told me that this is what the users expect, but I'm not really sure about that.
Another possibility: To add a device to access the second mono channel.
Uwe ****************** WDMAUDIODEV addresses: Post message: mailto:wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subscribe: mailto:wdmaudiodev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe Unsubscribe: mailto:wdmaudiodev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe Moderator: mailto:wdmaudiodev-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx URL to WDMAUDIODEV page: http://www.wdmaudiodev.de/