[wdmaudiodev] Re: sample rate control on Vista

  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:38:22 -0700

Mmsys.cpl only shows formats that are actually supported by the device.

The driver can set the preferred format at install time using an inf.
To do this, put the following AddReg on the device interface

AddReg=OEMSettingsOverride.AddReg

;;
;; Set default format to 48kHz, 16-bit, Stereo
;;
[OEMSettingsOverride.AddReg]
HKR,"EP\\0", %PKEY_AudioEndpoint_Association%,,%KSNODETYPE_MICROPHONE%
HKR,"EP\\0", %PKEY_AudioEngine_OEMFormat%, %REG_BINARY%,
41,00,8C,70,28,00,00,00,FE,FF,02,00,80,BB,00,00,00,EE,02,00,04,00,10,00,
16,00,10,00,03,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,00,00,10,00,80,00,00,AA,00,38,9B,71

[Strings]
PKEY_AudioEndpoint_Association  =
"{1DA5D803-D492-4EDD-8C23-E0C0FFEE7F0E},2"
PKEY_AudioEngine_OEMFormat = "{E4870E26-3CC5-4CD2-BA46-CA0A9A70ED04},3"

Regards,
Mitch Rundle
Microsoft Corp.

This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
rights