[wdmaudiodev] Re: how to implement a USB audio driver!

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 11:34:40 -0700

hetao su wrote:
>     Where to add?Process callback routine nor Create callback routine
> of the KSPIN_DISPATCH routine?
>     How to pass the audio data from the input pins to the system and
> the out pins to the device. Process callback routine?

By the way, I do not want this thread to be come a weeks-long exchange
with hundreds of messages where the rest of us end up writing this
driver for you.  Many of us have told you that this is a difficult job.
You have an awful lot of research to do, and an awful lot of code to write.

It might be good for you to make a close study of usbaudio.sys  For
example, you can use the "ksstudio" tool that is included with the WDK,
and use that to examine the AVStream data structures that usbaudio
reports for a given piece of audio hardware.  Comparing the data
structures it produces with the USB Audio Class descriptors is very
educational.