[wdmaudiodev] Windows Vista: Generic USB MIDI driver

  • From: "Gregor Pogatzki" <Gregor.Pogatzki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 15:41:46 +0200

Hello!

I am working on a device that has only one MIDI out port, using the generic USB
MIDI driver.
This works fine with Windows XP and Mac OS-X. It does not work with Vista.
Just for testing i have added a dummy MIDI In port to the USB descriptor. Now
it can be used with Vista as well.
But this cannot be a solution for me, as I do not want to see a non-existing
MIDI-In Port in the device selection.

Han anybody else experienced this problem?
Does anybody know, if there is a solution for this driver bug?

Regards,
Gregor.