[wdmaudiodev] Re: Touble with Vista Treble & Bass control

  • From: "Platzer Wilfried" <Wilfried.Platzer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 20:19:21 +0200

Hi DJ Sisolak,

the best thing about this is that you always control the preferred device.
If you have voice over IP solutions you do not run as preferred device because
you want only the voice over IP connection and no Windows pling and plong - you
are forced to do solve this with proprietary software if you want to have
anyway audio controls on your voice over IP device e.g. mute volume ...
otherwise you are controlling the sound card with your device.
If you plug in later on a normal usb audio device you start to control this one
with your controls. This is a great adventure for all people playing around
with it. Especially the end user has fun with it.
I discussed this issue years ago with Billy Brackenridge (during this days with
Microsoft) We achieved no solution the Microsoft stuff was not prepared for
such difficult things. Things did not change as I can see.

Cheers

Willy

Micronas GmbH
Company Headquarters / Sitz der Gesellschaft: Freiburg i. Br. - Municipal Court
of / Amtsgericht: Freiburg i. Br. HRB 428. VAT ID / USt-IdNr.: DE 811127087
Management / Geschäftsführung: Dr. Wolfgang Kalsbach, Chairman / Vorsitzender,
Hans-Jürgen Désor, Klaus Heberle,
Nikolaus V. Kaeppeler, Wilfried Lowinski, Dirk Wieberneit, Wolfgang Kühn -
Chairman of Supervisory Board / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Heinrich W.
Kreutzer