[wdmaudiodev] Re: Multi-channel audio USB driver development

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 19:42:53 +0200

Tim Roberts skrev:
I should point out that you are only getting one opinion here, and I
tend to be a bit conservative.  I know from past experience that there
are other pro audio "loonies" (and I mean that in the nicest possible
way) on this mailing list who might offer you different advice.  I had
been hoping one of them would pop in to this conversation.

I can't really pop in regarding isochronous endpoints for audio, but I did a
MIDI compliant device
which I did not need to write a driver for, neither on Windows nor on Mac. And
I suspect it to be
not much more complex for audio, so here's my vote on "not-rolling-your-own" :)

And should you really need to be able to setup custom stuff on the device, pop in an extra bulk endpoint for communication (via WinUSB).

/Rob