[wdmaudiodev] Mixer problem with capture-only wave device on Windows 2000

  • From: "Jeff Pages" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:47:35 +1100

I have a capture-only device for which I have developed a WavePci driver,
and everything is fine under Windows XP. However, there is a problem with
the mixer side of it under Windows 2000.

The mixer API sees the device and it reports the correct number of source
and destination lines (1 of each) but it doesn't find the volume and mute
controls on the destination line. Sndvol32 also sees my device but doesn't
find any controls either.

If I put in a dummy playback subdevice in the driver then Windows 2000
becomes happy and finds all of my capture controls (as well as my dummy
playback controls), however I would prefer not to have to do that since when
the device is first installed Windows will try to make its dummy output the
default playback device.

This is the dump of my topology returned in
IMiniportTopology::GetDescription - I can't see anything obviously wrong
here...

PINS
   0  PIN_LINEIN_SOURCE
   1  PIN_WAVEIN_DEST