[wdmaudiodev] Re: Mixer API support on Vista?

  • From: "Frank Yerrace" <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 08:24:58 -0700

By the way, we believe that few applications should have a need to use
these "endpoint volume" functions. These functions control master
input/output volume levels and should be directly connected to UI that
is under end-user control, and Vista provides such UI for the user.
Applications (in general) should have no need for this.

That said, we do understand that there are some "utility" applications
that might like to expose custome master volume control UI for audio
outputs to the end user, but I would expect those to be few in number.
If any of you expect to use these functions for something other than
exposing your own custom master volume control to the end user, can you
tell me about this? This knowledge helps us stay in touch with your
scenarios helps us continue evolving the APIs in useful ways.

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft Corporation
rights.