[wdmaudiodev] [Microphone array WDM driver] - The microphone array driver did not work well when it was installed as a child driver of toaster bus driver.

  • From: Jun Jiang <jun.jiang77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 17:34:36 +0800

Hi All,

My question: The microphone array driver did not work well when it was
installed as a child driver of toaster bus driver.

My setting: Windows 7 x86 and x64; WDK 7600.
Code base: Toaster sample code and msvad\micarray sample code.
Reason why to use bus driver + child micarray driver: My PCIe card has
multifunctions but it only reports one Vendor ID/Device ID.

My steps:
1) Install micarray sample driver directly with hardware wizard(hdwwiz.exe).
Set it as default recording device.
    Run "Sound Recorder", micarray works well.
    Check "Recording devices" in "Sound" panel, the properties are OK. Four
property tabs, General, Listen, Levels and Advanced are disappeared.
    #Note: I change the code to fill the destination buffer in CopyFrom()
with a wave file.
2) Install toaster bus driver. The bus driver will enumerate a child device.
- (I change the toaster bus driver to make it enumerate a child driver in
AddDevice().)
    Update the child driver with micarray driver. Set it as default
recording device.
    Run "Sound Recorder" and start recording. An error message, "An audio
recording device cannot be found", was shown.
    Check "Recording devices" in "Sound" panel, the properties are OK. Three
property tabs, General, Listen, Levels. There was no Advanced tab. And
Levels tab was empty.

One more question is: Whether is the architecture of bus driver + micarray
driver OK?

BTW, the bus driver works well with video capture driver(modified from
AVStream sample driver), RS232 port driver and other own child drivers.

Could some body help me on it? Thank you very much.

BR,
Tim