[wdmaudiodev] IPinName problem

  • From: "Jeff Pages" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 10:29:44 +1100

I'm trying to use the IPinName interface for dynamic endpoint names in a
Windows 7 audio capture device as described in the
"Windows 7 Changes Related to Audio Drivers" paper, but without much
success. In the debugger I can see Windows calling IPinName::GetPinName and
it initially uses the name I return to set the endpoint name, but if I
subsequently change the name I return, the endpoint still shows the original
name, even after a reboot. The only place the new name shows up is in the
Levels panel.