[wdmaudiodev] Re: IKsControl

  • From: Mark Walker <furface@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 08:14:20 -0800

I need at least XP and above. Vista+ is much better for audio drivers in general I've found, at least in a design sense. However, 65% of the desktops still use XP, so it's still important. My observation is also that some of these Vista+ interfaces behave differently on Windows 7 than in Vista. Some code that works perfectly for me on Vista crashes with Windows 7, so it looks like some of this new stuff still needs to be worked out at MS.

On 2/4/2010 8:53 AM, Matthew van Eerde wrote:

The non-deprecated Vista-and-further way to get an IKsControl is to call IMMDevice::Activate(...) on an adapter IMMDevice. Sample here:

Using the IKsControl Interface to Access Audio Properties

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd316787(VS.85).aspx

What OS are you running on?