[wdmaudiodev] Re: IKsControl

  • From: Mark Walker <furface@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 08:08:51 -0800

Tim, yes, you're right I should only be interested in single device. However, all devices fail in that particular loop, including the one I want. Shouldn't all devices return a good interface anyway? Anyway, like I said this is not such a big deal right now, but I'd like to understand what's going on, though.

Thanks.

On 2/4/2010 10:09 AM, Tim Roberts wrote:
Mark Walker wrote:
Tim, yes I'm using the Windows SDK. I think I need to get a copy of VC++ with ATL before I try this any further. Express seems to have a history of weird definition and include problems. I mainly use Express because people I deal with use Express and I don't want to be out of sync.

For what it's worth this is my code. It builds if I kludge it, but it fails at pBaseFilter->QueryInterface returning hr = E_NOINTERFACE for all my devices. It's not that big a deal in my project at this point, so I'm not too worried about it.

You're trying to claim every device in the audio renderer category. You read the value of FriendlyName -- shouldn't you be checking that value to make sure it's really the device(s) you want?
--
Tim Roberts,timr@xxxxxxxxx
Providenza&  Boekelheide, Inc.