[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to set Default endpoint for Vista installation?

  • From: Mitchell Rundle <mitchr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 13:05:55 -0700

The class driver shouldn't interfere.  When your driver installs, the devnode
will get a new "strong name", which invalidates the existing endpoints.  You
can test this as follows:

1)     Let the USB class driver install

2)     Run mmsys.cpl

3)     Dbl-click the SPDIF endpoint and change the name to "test"

4)     Install your driver

5)     Dbl-click the new SPDIF endpoints.  It should have the default name.

Mitch

From: wdmaudiodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:wdmaudiodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<mailto:wdmaudiodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:wdmaudiodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
From: wdmaudiodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:wdmaudiodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>