[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to set Default endpoint for Vista installation?

  • From: KS <wakeup1504@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 21:23:26 +0800

hi Mitch,

I've tried what you say, and also tried on a freshly installed Vista
System. On both system, I still end up having the SPDIF-Out endpoint
selected as the default endpoint instead of the Speaker endpoint.

As my device is a USB audio device, the MS usbaudio.sys driver gets loaded
once before I can install my driver. Would this be a reason why I just
cannot get the Speaker endpoint to be the default endpoint?

Are there any other way to specify to Vista which endpoint should be the
default? It would be nice if it can be specified in the INF file, just like
the way we can specify the default format to be used.

KS

On 3/29/07, Mitchell Rundle <mitchr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It sounds like you need to get rid of all the endpoint settings so you can
simulate a first install.

1) delete the contents of
HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\mmdevices\audio\render
2) net stop audioendpointbuilder
3) net start audiosrv

For step 1 you will have to change the owner of the key to
"administrators" first.

Regards,
Mitch

rights.