[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to bind a symbolic link to a mixer, midi or wave device name?

  • From: "Richard Fricks" <Richard.Fricks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 18:09:31 -0800

                "Thats probably the situation under XP -> the instance id is
added by windows atomatically. Under Vista the instance id is missing (thats at
least my experiance)."

Thanks for making us aware of your issues. I am working with the development
teams to evaluate the impact of adding this feature back into Vista.

Richard Fricks
Technical Lead, Microsoft DDK