[wdmaudiodev] Capturing audio output

  • From: Stefan <superstefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 19:28:05 +0200

Hi, I known I'm not the first one to post this, but I want to be able to capture the audio output and forward it to a user space app (XP/W2k). I've googled, read the ddk docs, looked at source code for the last few days but I'm still very confused. Right now I think the best way to do this is to write a wdm filter driver that captures the output and transfers it to a user space application. Is this even possible? And where should I install the filter? I'm a very experienced coder, but I need some guidance on where to start (i.e. "install a filer here and listen on IRP x,y,z") and want to know if it's even possible.

Using the sound card output as input through the volume control isn't good enough, and (correct me if I'm wrong) directshow filters doesn't work on all sound output (applications using directsound for example).

/Stefan