[wdmaudiodev] Capture with USBAudio under Windows 7 noisy

  • From: "Markus Bollinger" <bollinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 14:11:28 +0200

Hello,

I try to capture audio from an USB Audio device that uses Windows
USBAudio driver.
The capture format is 44.1 kHz but the device is locked to 48 kHz sample
rate.
Necessarily a sample rate conversion is somewhere done by the Windows 7
audio engine.

As result I get noisy sound (noise frequency is about 4kHz)

When no sample rate conversion is necessary (48kHz->48kHz), there is
clear sound, no noise.

This is observed only under Windows 7 (32bit and 64bit)

Is this a known behaviour ? A bug of the audio device ?

Markus.